DawgTag and the City of Toronto announce that, for the first time, dog owners can get a valid dog licence issued on a personalized, sleek looking DawgTag, instead of a standard-issue stamped tag.
So if you’re a Toronto resident, you can register your dog for a licence, issued on a DawgTag – all right here, all in one spot.
Already have a Toronto dog license? Use your Bluepaw promo code at checkout to receive a discount on your existing tag!
- Registrations are still processed through, and part of the City of Toronto / Toronto Animal Services licence database
- Licences are issued on limited edition 'I am a Toronto Dawg' tags;
- Choose from one of 4 colours & includes a premium clasp;
- Covered by the DawgTag lifetime guarantee
Did you know?
Only 25% of dogs in the City of Toronto have a valid dog license.
Why does this matter?
100% of your pet licensing fees go directly to help the more than 6,000 dogs (and cats) sent to shelters – each year. This goes to:
- Food, shelter and spay/neuter of animals in shelters
- 24/7 emergency animal rescue services
- Returning lost pets to their homes
- Veterinary services to animals in our care
- Rescuing sick, injured and/or distressed domestic animals and wildlife
- Spay/neuter programs
- Adopting pets to new families
- Investigating animal care issues
- Keeping neighbourhoods safe for people and pets
If you're an animal lover, licensing your dog (or cat) isn't just a licence for your dog – it's a licence for all dogs (and cats...).
*Licences processed though dawgtag.ca require purchase of a DawgTag at the price indicated, based on selected tag. Licences without a DawgTag (a plain, stamped tag - not too cool if you ask us!) can be registered though Toronto Animal Services directly. DawgTag does not mark up licence registration rates at all, and can be verified directly though Toronto Animal Services website. Currently, only available to owners/dogs residing in the City of Toronto.